DoubleStar Provides Leading Biopharmaceutical Company with a Dedicated and Cost-Effective Recruiting Solution
The HR team for one of the world’s top biopharmaceutical companies was having difficulty balancing increased demand for recruiting with their already heavy workloads. As a result, hiring managers were going to multiple agencies to fulfill their staffing needs. As expenses grew, the client decided a more controlled and cost-effective approach was necessary.
As a result, the company initiated a search for finding a cost-effective solution for recruitment services.
After reviewing a number of service providers, the client selected DoubleStar to conduct an RPO pilot in one of their most challenging areas: R&D. DoubleStar worked closely with the Senior Director for R&D Recruiting to plan, structure and implement a six-month project with a specific focus on difficult-to-fill R&D positions.
The project was implemented in three phases:
Phase I – Planning and Readiness
- Based on the positions assigned to DoubleStar, a project team was deployed with strong experience recruiting for biotechnology organizations.
- DoubleStar helped fine-tune recruitment processes such as improving utilization of an applicant tracking system and implementing new sourcing and screening techniques to identify viable candidates more quickly and accurately.
- DoubleStar introduced recruitment metrics that helped the organization better understand recruiting effectiveness.
Phase II – Assuming Day-to-Day Recruiting Responsibilities
- The client moved the entire recruiting process to DoubleStar, including directly interfacing with Hiring Managers without HR involvement.
- The client and DoubleStar assigned project leaders to manage the RPO relationship and ensure all service-level agreements were met.
- Fine-tuning opportunities were identified and changes made to enhance process effectiveness.
Phase III – Transition from Pilot to Steady State
- Once demand levels became more predictable, DoubleStar adjusted the project team to a more flexible model to accommodate fluctuating needs.
- DoubleStar assigned a permanent project team to support a long-term RPO solution.
- Other areas of the company were added.
- Formal project milestones were established, and periodic reporting/metrics were implemented.
Following a successful RPO pilot, the client is fully engaged in a long-term RPO relationship, and other divisions have come on board.
- Cost-per-hire reduction by more than $5,000 per hire in R&D.
- Elimination of at least $250,000 in annual agency spend.
- Creation of a centralized, efficient and coordinated recruitment effort for R&D.
- Achievement of positive client satisfaction survey results indicating the pilot was a success.
- Development of a database of R&D candidates for future use.
- Provision of a scalable recruitment solution that can expand or contract depending on the client’s business needs.