Global Pharmaceutical Leader Uses DoubleStar’s Workforce Insight® to Optimize Global Talent Acquisition and Management
Like many multinational organizations, a leading global pharmaceutical company needed integrated reporting and analytics to drive its HR performance to higher levels. The client’s HR leadership wanted their HR functional specialists to have access to standard dashboards on operations and to give HR leaders the power to create useful reports and analytics right at their desktops. But, also like many of its global peers, the client faced several difficult challenges:
- Reporting from its core HR systems was cumbersome and required programming knowledge.
- Data standards were not enforced, resulting in inconsistencies.
- Data resided in multiple systems in multiple locations and was not integrated.
- Getting the right data in the right format took weeks.
- They needed specific reports in specific formats to provide HR leaders globally with a consistent, accurate view of their region.
- They also wanted the ability for those leaders to drill down, slice and analyze their data in custom ways that would be most useful in the local situation.
- Requests for custom reports were backlogged significantly.
These technological and communications challenges contributed to rising recruiting costs, increased process delays and rising hiring manager dissatisfaction.
With budgets under constraint and no time to waste on long, complex system implementation projects, the client needed a solution that would produce the results they needed quickly and economically.
DoubleStar conducted a comprehensive recruitment process assessment complete with data/metrics review, delivery practice evaluation, recruitment staff capabilities matrix and an operations review.
DoubleStar’s Workforce Insight, an award-winning dashboard solution offering pre-packaged reports and tools for easy building of custom reports, provided the optimal solution. Using a two-phased approach, the client took control of its recruiting data first, then moved to its Talent Management and Succession Planning data to gain the comprehensive reporting and analytical capabilities they needed to drive more business value into their HR function.
Phase 1–Global Recruiting Analytics
DoubleStar worked closely with the client’s Global Talent Solutions Team to adapt Workforce Insight to their recruiting environment. Within weeks, core recruiting data was downloaded from the applicant tracking system (ATS), a reporting environment was built for the client’s unique needs and Workforce Insight was “live” in a test mode for the client team to use.
Within three months, Workforce Insight went live and provided the Global HR team with clear, graphical analytics on key core areas of recruiting performance:
- Requisition volumes and workload assignments
- Recruiter load distribution
- Source-of-hire utilization
- Cycle time insights: time-to-fill, time-to-source and time-to-start
- Individual recruiter performance metrics
- Recruiting funnel views
Phase 2–Global Talent Management
As Workforce Insight was adding value to the recruiting function, the Talent Management Team desired the same level of analytical insight and ease of reporting. They also needed a standard set of reports from which they could make talent decisions globally. Most importantly, they needed to report in the company’s “9-Box” format to enable a common language and common decision-making criteria.
Again, Workforce Insight was the best answer. The custom report-building power of the dashboard tool is in full use by Talent Management. DoubleStar assisted with the rollout of the new tool and end-user training.
With accurate and timely information, the client was able to bring its entire global recruiting team to a common set of standards and best practices, resulting in more direct recruiting and millions in spend reductions.