National Health IT Company Uses DoubleStar’s RPO Services to Help Accelerate Growth of Consulting Division from $6 to $100 Million in Revenue
The leading national provider of healthcare information systems, with revenues of over a billion dollars, launched an IT and Process Improvement Consulting Division to enable its clients to use their IT investments more effectively.
The new division’s growth was limited by only one thing: its ability to find, recruit and hire the highly specialized healthcare IT talent required to lead the complex assignments its customers needed to execute.
The company’s internal recruiting team was able to service the ongoing hiring requirements of the organization. However, they were not staffed sufficiently to deliver against the challenges of launching a new business division. And, they were not prepared to find and recruit a large number of specialized IT professionals with highly desired skills in specific technologies for roles with an 80% national travel requirement.
To meet the need of hiring 100-125 specialized consultants annually, this client engaged DoubleStar to design and execute a full RPO solution.
At the outset of this engagement, DoubleStar conducted a detailed needs analysis to determine current needs and likely near-term hiring needs. From that analysis, DoubleStar developed a national recruitment plan that prioritized both talent and geographic needs. We also created customized recruitment plans to account for the local talent market differences.
DoubleStar then executed direct and indirect recruiting campaigns in Southern California, Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, Boston, Philadelphia and South Florida. The solution included centralized sourcing and direct recruiting, on-site interview teams at each location, recruitment consulting services to the client’s regional consulting directors and strategic staffing planning services to the Division’s Vice President.
To support the direct-recruiting initiatives, DoubleStar also developed a national advertising/branding campaign, an accelerated employee referral program and standardized interviewing templates for all positions recruited.
This partnership, originally contracted for six months, was extended for over five years because it delivered a continuous stream of results, including:
- 125 hires were executed annually, ranging from $75,000-$125,000 in base compensation, at a fully loaded cost per hire under $5,000
- Turnover was reduced to under 10% annually due to enhanced pre-screening and more accurate selection practices
- The division was able to aggressively seek new business and prevail over their competition on the strength of its solid talent pipeline
- Hiring costs for this division were reduced by 50% annually, representing an annual savings of $600,000-$700,000
- The cost of recruitment became a fixed, predictable expense, enabling the growing division to better forecast talent acquisition investments
As a result of all hiring targets being met for 5 consecutive years, this division grew its revenue from $6 million to over $100 million annually.