DoubleStar Helps a Global Pharmaceutical Company Identify and Hire 60 Sales Reps in 8 Weeks
An unexpected increase in demand for new products created an immediate staffing need for a leading generic pharmaceutical company. To capture the market opportunity, the company needed an instant expansion of its US field sales force. The goal: hire 60 new sales reps and regional managers throughout the US and enroll them in pre-scheduled sales training classes within 8 weeks.
DoubleStar partnered with the client’s HR and sales leadership to develop a detailed recruiting project plan to meet their time and cost requirements. We assigned our team of recruiters and sourcers with extensive sales force expansion experience and created regionally focused teams to attack the roles by specific geographies.
Our solution included these components:
- Researching/sourcing all candidates by using multiple planned sourcing initiatives
- Coordinating all facets of the interview process, including scheduling, resume and interview summary distribution, and logistics
- Attending on-site interview days to manage and/or participate in interviews as an additional voice/decision-maker
- Conducting debriefing sessions with hiring managers at the completion of interview days
- Executing and documenting reference checks, background checks, and drug screening on selected candidates
- Extending and assisting in closing verbal offers
- Coaching managers on best practices during the process
DoubleStar’s solution resulted in the filling of all 60 positions within 8 weeks at a cost below $3,000 per hire.
The cost savings on this project were significant, estimated to be at least $400,000 compared to the company’s traditional recruiting methods. But the business impact was even more significant. Because the positions were filled on time and with the right talent, our client was able to increase market share and secure new relationships with hospitals and physician groups faster than their competitors. In addition, the client received over 9,500 candidates that we identified during the sourcing process that they will use in subsequent recruiting efforts. Finally, we left behind our methodology for running this project so that the client can replicate it in the future using their own staff, if they desire.